World of HP >>
Going green isn't just good practice. It's good business. HP Plotter recycle in the following ways:
1. Our Free ink and Free paper Recycling Programme
We offer free ink and paper which has been kindly donated by our customers to those who need a helping hand (or who simply want a freebie!). There's no gimmick involved. Once we receive a donation we advertise it on our website and then despatch it to anyone who wants it (or supply it to our rental students FOC). We just ask for postage to be covered. In this way, we can help avoid putting ink and paper into landfill sites needlessly and give a few people a helping hand. Any empty inks will be sent onto HP for onward recycling. Please view our donated stock list here
Who can apply?
- architectural students and fine art / graphic art students who rent Designjets from us in order to produce portfolio work for their exams. This is a stress-filled time for studetns (and their parents who are often footing the bill!). Any donated ink available which matches a rental machine for a student will be included FOC. Student rentals will also have access to the best quality donated CAD paper as well - and will receive priority over anyone else
- infant and junior schools looking for wide format paper to allow young students to participate in 'group art projects' will have also have access to any donated wide format paper
- small businesses or charities can request up to 4 donated items
- private individuals can request up to 2 donated items
- exclusions include: any individuals or companies seeking to resell or exchange the donated goods in order to make a profit (except registered charities)
Please help us with your unwanted Designjet ink/paper
- Simply post all of your unwanted HP original ink or paper (old, unused or partially used) to: HP Plotter, Donation Programme, Park Farm, Rectory Road, Oakley, Hampshire, RG23 7ED, U.K.
- Where possible, please mark on the inks the percentage of ink left remaining e.g. "25% full" so we can provide this information
- We'll ensure that students, schools, small businesses or private individuals receive your donated ink or paper for free (excluding postage)
- ...you'll receive 5% off any inks and paper from your next consumable order with us, by way of a 'thank you'
2. Other ways that we recycle
- we take 'pre-loved' Designjets and fully refurbish them to provide customers with cheaper alternatives to brand new
- our product offerings include recycled papers which have been responsibly sourced and manufactured to help reduce the environmental impact of printing
- we assist customers who are unable (or don't wish to) upgrade their printers by having a large stock of obsolete parts which are no longer being manufactured by HP
- our main energy choice is solar power
- we have recently designed and manufactured new Media Covers to avoid unnecessary paper wastage
- our waste paper is recycled
- operate an Ink and Paper Recycling Scheme
Click here to find out about other recycling information and HP's own recycling programme.